Brittany Music Workshops offers several scholarships per year at the Langlais Festival in La Fontenelle, birthplace of the French composer Jean Langlais. The scholarships are available for all voice parts. Preference is given to young singers attending the festival for the first time. Those who have attended as scholars before may be accepted if there is a suitable vacancy.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- You should be aged 18 to 26 years old
- You should have considerable choral singing experience and a high level of sight-reading ability
- You should have the desire and confidence to assist amateur singers in the choir
- You should have the willingness to work and excel as a team
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- The scholarship is worth £500. Your course fees for Brittany Music Workshops will be paid as will your B & B accommodation in La Fontenelle.
- Transport to concert venues and churches will be provided
- You will have a free singing lesson from the course vocal teacher, Hilary Jones
- You will have the opportunity to rehearse and perform under the direction of one of the UK’s finest church musicians, Malcolm Archer, in a range of concerts and services in Brittany churches
- You will have the opportunity to work with live composers and perform their works
- There will also be an opportunity to participate in a solo singing master-class with Hilary Jones
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
- The scholar is expected to pay for travel costs to the course, most meals and incidental expenses
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU
As an ambassador for the festival, you will be expected to attend punctually all rehearsals, lectures, concerts and services during the choral week as well as social events such as the Soirée Musicale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form by 31st March, 2017 either on-line or download and send to: Brenda Dean, 2 Nup End Close, Wingrave, Aylesbury, Bucks. HP22 4QA, UK, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered for a scholarship you will need to be recommended by a choral establishment. Please ensure that you provide the contact details (preferably with an email address) of your choral director. Applications will be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis.